At Almond + Co, we take the privacy and confidentiality of our clients, potential clients and previous clients very seriously and we are committing to protecting it.
We may use your personal information:
• to engage with and individual or company to provide legal or other services;
• to comply with legal or regulatory obligations;
• and for legitimate business purposes.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We collect and process your personal information in order to facilitate the provision of professional services for which you have instructed or may instruct, us. The personal information you supply to us in connection with your instruction may include: your name, address, contact details and dates of birth.
Why We Collect Your Personal Information
We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
• the provision of legal advice;
• the administration and management of your matter including conflict checking and billing;
• the legitimate business purposes associated with the operating of a law firm, such as client satisfaction surveys and auditing;
• and to comply with any laws or regulations.
Sharing Your Personal Information Outside of Almond + Co
We may need to communicate your personal information to other individuals or organizations to facilitate your matter.
In facilitating your instruction, we may also transfer your information to third parties providing us with support and administrative services for the more efficient processing of your matter and/or the legitimate business purposes associated with the operating of a law firm. Your details will be processed in each case in strict confidence and we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any third party has sound security measures.
If after providing us with your personal information it becomes apparent we are unable to offer our service to you, we may, with your consent, pass your details to another company who may be able to assist you.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
You have a number of legal rights over the personal information held by us. These include the right:
• to access your personal information held in our records, whether electronically or manually;
• to correct or update any information that you think is incorrect;
• to object to further processing, including stop receiving marketing material from us which you previously signed up for, by updating your marketing preferences;
• to ask us to delete your personal information. We will only be able to accommodate this request where it is no longer necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was provided or where we no longer have a lawful basis to process your personal information;
• to receive the personal information we hold about you in a portable format, however this need only be provided in limited circumstances where the processing has been done by automated means; and
• to ask us to stop processing your personal information in certain circumstances. Asking us to stop doing this may mean we are no longer able to provide you with legal services and impact your client retainer.
You should contact us should you wish to have access to this information or to update or complete any of our records pertaining to your personal information. Requests can be made to our Data Protection Officer:
Almond + Co
For more information about this policy, or if you would like to make a complaint in relation to the way we process your personal information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will endeavour to resolve any complaints, however if we are unable to do so to your satisfaction, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the website is www.ico.org.uk or their telephone helpline 0303 123 1113.
How Long We Retain Your Personal Information
We will retain your personal information for as long as it is reasonable and necessary for the use for which we have collected it in accordance with applicable laws, and our statutory obligations. We may also
We will keep your personal information confidential and will take appropriate measures to protect it against loss, theft or misuse and to safeguard your privacy.
Where you are provided with any confidential information (including a user ID or password), you must not disclose such information to any third party.
Updating This Policy
We may amend this policy at any time by either notifying you or posting a revised version on our website.
If we make a change to this policy, we will take your continued use of our services after that date as your acceptance of the change, so if an amendment is not acceptable to you the you should stop using our services.
Almond + Co is the trading name of Almond + Company Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 11587044 and authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority under number 668224. The rules may be accessed at sra.org.uk/solicitors/standards-regulations.
Almond + Co. is operated by Richard Almond, who is a practicing solicitor of England and Wales. This message is confidential and may be legally privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please telephone or email the sender and delete this message and any attachment from your system; you must not copy or disclose the contents of this message or any attachment to any other person.